Great North Labs is an early stage venture capital firm designed from the ground up to assist founders in the upper mid-west! The fund is managed, and backed, by successful local tech entrepreneurs that can provide capital, strategy and operational guidance, and improve access to local and global contacts to fuel growth in your tech startup.
The fund has an affiliated Startup School program, in St. Cloud and the Twin Cities, that aims to provide valuable training to technology founders in the area of Research and Development through practical workshops on topics such as Lean Startups, Agile Scrum Software Development, and new Disruptive Technologies. Additionally, the Startup School offers an incubator where new startups can build and launch their initial product MVP (Minimal Viable Product).
If you live and breathe growth, love the game of optimization and are motivated by seeing the impact you create as you blaze new trails, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Digital Marketing Specialist intern, you’ll play a critical role in helping grow awareness of Great North Labs and drive new opportunity into our organization.
This hands-on role is a great opportunity for the marketer who loves to tinker and experiment with the latest and greatest digital tools, technology and strategies.
Digital Marketing Specialist Intern Duties Include:
- 1/3 copywriting, social media, email, paid media, influencer outreach, and other various digital projects as assigned
- 1/3 Project Management
- 1/3 Brainstorming including researching and generating new ideas and strategies for Digital Marketing and Events
To Succeed in this Role You Should be Comfortable With:
- Day to day project management
- Copy writing for a variety of mediums including
- Social Media
- Strategy documents
- Managing social media platforms, including an understanding of or interest in social advertising
- Basic design (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, other design tools, Powerpoint, or Keynote)
- CMS & Content management ( WordPress, Landing Page tools like Unbounce, Leadpages etc)
- Email Marketing (Mailchimp, Constant SendGrid, etc)
- An Understanding of Marketing Automation (Hubspot, Drip, Infusion soft etc)
- An Understanding of Basic HTML, CSS
- Admin Knowledge
- Google Docs, Drive & Apps
- Productivity Tools – ToDoist, Jira, Confluence, Asana and others
To Love this Role, You are a:
- Creative thinker
- People person, you love working with a variety of clients and partners to solve problems
- Epic problem solver. Google is your best friend, and you love to dig into knowledge bases and communities around tools and technology – You’ll try a number of ways to find a solution before giving up.
- Risk taker, you enjoy being a part of Great North Labs, a growing company, and helping think of ways to grow the company and grow with the company
- Multi hat wearer, you enjoy variety in the types of work within your day to day
- Lifelong learner
- Thriver, you enjoy a high-speed environment with fluid priorities and schedules
- Self motivator, you never say “that’s not my job”
- Team Player, Collaborative
This role is primarily based out of our Great North Labs HQ:
305 5th Ave. S. Suite 150
St Cloud, Minnesota