- This event has passed.
Agile Scrum Crash Course
January 15, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pmFree – $750
// Agile Scrum Crash Course (for Individuals, Teams)
-Learn, and begin applying, foundational concepts of Agile Scrum
-Improve work transparency on your team
-Learn to create a more organized daily work routine, and engender better collaboration among teams.
-Free for Students and Startup Founders
-Training Fee for Professionals, Scrum Teams
Classroom: “The Library” @COCO MSP
- Overview of Agile
- History of Agile
- Why Agile – What problems can we solve with Agile?
- Cases for Agile
- Real World Success Stories
- Is there such thing as an “Awesome Software / Product Team?”
- Experimentation:- The group will share their own experiences of challenges they’ve faced on software projects. This provides an understanding of how Agile can help solve these problems and that we’re not alone in these challenges.
- Tackling Software Development Complexity – Traditional Software Development Approaches versus Agile
- Increasing Business Value
- Reduce Risk
- Improve Stakeholder Invisibility
- Experimentation:- What worked well on Waterfall projects? What Doesn’t work well? The group will learn how Agile addresses these pros and cons differently but more effectively.
- Fundamentals of building a high performing team
- Writing User Stories – What does good look like?
- Effective Communication
- Experimentation:- Hands-on writing user stories for mock projects – The group will learn how to write User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, and prioritization.
- Always Improving
- Inspection, Adaptation, Retrospectives
- Agile Scrum Tools
- Jira, Confluence, Chat are just some collaborative tools that can supercharge any Agile Scrum Team.
- Experimentation:- Group will get hands on training and practice creating their mock projects in Jira, and learn how to use Confluence to convey information quickly and efficiently.
- Cultural Change
- What to expect when joining a new Agile team
- Supercharging Self-organizing teams
- Upper Management – How to get buy-in
- Next Steps in a Career utilizing Agile