- This event has passed.
Exponential Technology & Leadership
March 8, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$25 – $200
Exponential Technology & Leadership Bootcamp
Thursday, March 8th from 8am to 5pm
Open to Students & Professionals
Instructor: Ryan Weber (Managing Partner @Great North Labs)
Intel Co-Founder Gordon Moore famously predicted that computing power would grow exponentially by doubling every two years (“Moore’s Law”). The implications of such rapidly improving computing power are now evident all around us, but back when Gordon predicted such growth it was hard to imagine a future with such incredible computing power.
There are now many exponential trends that are expected to disrupt us as much as the internet and mobile did over the past 20 years. World Bank reports 41% of jobs in Minnesota will not exist in a few decades. However, the countries that have embraced technology best also have the lowest unemployment rates.
This bootcamp aims to provide a short overview of a few of these technology trends, an introduction to exponential thinking and leadership, and practical skills to utilize in your organization/life to be better equipped as parents, employees, and community leaders.
- Intro to Exponentials
- Review of Disruptive Technologies That Are Or May Be Following Exponential Growth
- Artificial Intelligence
- Digital Manufacturing
- Internet Of Things
- Extended Reality
- Digital Biology
- Quantum Computing
- Exponential Leadership
- How could people/organizations adapt to such change?
- What will the future look like?
- How can we create our future?
- Skills Development – Broadening Perspective, Thinking Creatively
- Identifying important questions – “Question Storming”
- Unraveling the implications of such inevitable technologies – “Future Wheels”
- Developing bold ideas to impact our world, industry, and community – “Moonshot”
- Rapidly testing our bold ideas – “Rapid Prototyping”